Call for Score
Sounding Board: The New Music Initiative for Guitarists and Composers is an annual project focused on promoting collaborative relationships between composers and performers to create new works for guitar. Each composer is paired with a guitarist (or ensemble), and they collaborate through the creation, premier, and recording of the new work.
The first annual New Music Initiative for Guitarists and Composers will take place in Besançon, France in early July 2019. This year features 4 resident composers and 3 guitarists teaming up on new works for the guitar throughout the course of one week.
We are inviting composers to submit existing works for solo guitar, guitar duo, or guitar trio. We will accept up to 3 composers based on submissions. The chosen works will receive a premiere in Besançon, France during July 8th-15th and be featured as a part of our 2019-2020 concert season in the United States and South Korea. Composers with works receiving performances in Besançon will also be welcome to attend the festival. Housing will be provided for two days prior to the premiere for attending rehearsals and workshops and the day of premiere.
Deadline: 11:59PM PST (Pacific Standard Time) June 1, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Open to composers of any age and nationality.
- Works must be composed within the past five years.
- Works must be original by the composer, not arrangements of another composer’s work
- Instrumentation: Solo guitar, guitar duo, guitar trio
- Suggested length of each submitted work: under 10 minutes.
- Submissions are due June 1st, 2019.
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact info- Email, phone number
Website (if applicable)
Performance history (if applicable)
YouTube/SoundCloud/Dropbox link to audio/video recording (Midi is acceptable)
Screenshot/email receipt of the PayPal payment of the submission fee of $25
Link to the submission fee : https://www.soundingboardfest.com/2019-submission
- A professional audio and video recordings of the chosen pieces will be made for promotional use by the award-winning guitarists from Sounding Board: The New Music Initiative for Guitarists and Composers.
- The 2 selected composers will be invited to attend the festival for no fee.
- Housing will be provided for 2 days prior to premiere for attending rehearsals, workshops and the premiere. Composers will be housed in a historical chateau in Besançon, France.
- Works chosen through this call for score will receive a premiere in Besançon, France during July 8th-15th, OR performances throughout the 2019-2020 concert season in the United States and South Korea.
Deadline: 11:59pm PST on June 1, 2019
Entry Fee: $25.00
Currency: U.S. Dollar (USD)